OVERHAUL AND RECONSTRUCTION
Apart from the new product manufacture, company KOLOS pays specific attention to overhauling of industrial armature in the working conditions. In general, overhauls can be divided in two groups:
Armature overhaul is the procedure which demands the careful planning and expertise and cannot be performed without cooperation of prospective user. In order to prepare the overhaul, it is necessary to draft the ‘’history’’ of armature previous performances based on the verified data that can be solely provided by the user who has the interest to use it in the future. Due to the listed reasons, and additionally in order to avoid accidents and endangering of people and environment, we have to be very persistent in acquiring data from overhaul ordering party (or prospective user) about previous and also planned application.
These data are used for technical consideration of overhaul, and the whole procedure of accepting the overhaul request is as follows:
- Overhaul with the final goal to renovate functional traits and bring armature into the state closest to the original when it was delivered from the manufacturer. This is called overhaul.
- Overhaul (repair) with the final goal to reconstruct the armature in order to get application in altered working conditions, to install it in different place, to alter the actuation manner due to process automation, etc. in accordance with the customer requirements. Before reconstruction, we have to assess if armature will be functional and reliable after applying desired changes, and subsequently we suggest the range and possibilities for reconstruction. This is called reconstruction.
- GENERAL TECHNICAL POSSIBILITIES FOR OVERHAUL
Recording of extensive dimensions, assessment of tightening possibilities and positioning onto machines, assessment of control possibilities and testing;
- ANALYSIS OF REQUEST FOR FUNCTIONALITY FROM OVERHAUL ORDERING PARTY
Assessment of the possibilities to perform the request in technical terms and in terms of equipment and workers opportunities; additionally, assessment of conditions to acquire necessary material;
- ANALYSIS OF THE CURRENT CONDITION OF ARMATURE IN TERMS OF DEFECTS
Users’ data is the base for assessment of defect degree from erosion or corrosion, assessment of the possible lifetime after the overhaul, assessment of the safe usage after the overhaul in requested working conditions, assessment of possible subcontracting for specific stage of the overhaul. The crucial assessment is the assessment of the value of the overhaul and time needed to perform it.
When the ordering party accepts the offer for overhauling or if it requests the additions that impact the given value of the overhaul, technological overhauling procedure is performed followed by assessments of needed supplies (or negotiation with subcontractors).
If overhaul overcomes the equipment potential, it is not accepted.
If overhaul requires special technologies (specific welding procedures, thermo processing, metallization) or specific technologies, it is not accepted.
Analysis is transferred into Defect report which will be submitted to the ordering party, alongside with the cost and deadlines for completion of overhaul. Overhaul will not start until the ordering party accepts conditions from the report and the offer. Company will confirm the offer acceptance, or possible alterations in and completion deadlines.